Brian appears on the compilation CD World In Union, featuring 22 tracks recorded by some of the world’s most recognisable operatic voices to celebrate this year’s largest sporting event. The CD is scheduled for release on 12 September 2011 by Decca and is available on CD and at iTunes and other digital providers.
Rugby World Cup Limited Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “The World in Union is the soundtrack to Rugby World Cup, an iconic song for the global Rugby family and I am sure that this album, featuring some of the biggest musicians, will add to the Tournament experience for fans around the world.”
“I am delighted that the album is not merely a collection of Rugby anthems, but it is a fine collection of songs performed by musicians who are Rugby fans. I am sure that Hayley Westenra’s rendition of World in Union will be extremely popular.”
The World in Union album continues with 20 more stirring tracks featuring the world’s most successful singers. Alfie Boe, Russell Watson, Laura Wright, Luigi Corvi, Bryn Terfel, Katherine Jenkins, Brian Kennedy, Paul Byrom, Mirusia Louwerse and Roberto Alagna have all recorded songs representing the participating nations.
The album also features acclaimed Dutch violinist André Rieu, The Kenyan Boys’ Choir, The Band of the Coldstream Guards, The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and the Fron Male Voice Choir.
With over 95,000 fans expected to flock from overseas, Rugby World Cup is the sporting event to be at in 2011, but wherever you are in the world this album will provide the perfect soundtrack.
1. World In Union - Hayley Westenra
2. Swing Low '99 - Arr. C. Skarbek/ T.R. Evans - Russell Watson, The Royal Choral Society
3. Land of My Fathers - Fron Male Voice Choir
4. Ireland's Call - Brian Kennedy, Paul Byrom
5. Scottish Medley - Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
6. Jerusalem - The Coldstream Guards Band, Alfie Boe
7. Glorious - Mary-Jess
8. Now's The Time - Luigi Corvi
9. Calon Lan - Katherine Jenkins
10. O Verona - Only Men Aloud
11. Pokarekare Ana - Hayley Westenra, Francois Rive, Robbie McIntosh, The Metro Voices, Te Tau Choir, Jenny O'Grady, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Ian Dean
12. Waltzing Matilda - André Rieu, Mirusia
13. We'll keep a welcome - Bryn Terfel, Orchestra of the Welsh National Opera, Gareth Jones, The Black Mountain Choir, The Risca Choir
14. Nkosi Sikelel'i Afrika - The Kenyan Boys Choir
15. Men of Harlech - Fron Male Voice Choir
16. God Defend New Zealand - Hayley Westenra
17. The Fields Of Athenry - Mairead Carlin
18. Cwm Rhondda - Bryn Terfel, Orchestra of the Welsh National Opera, Gareth Jones, The Black Mountain Choir, The Risca Choir
19. La Marseillaise - Roberto Alagna
20. Swing Low - All Angels
21. World In Union - Hayley Westenra
22. Kakari (Haka 2011) - Qube